There are currently no items in your cart.
The Art of Double Bass Playing composed by Warren Benfield. For Bass. Method/Instruction; String - Bass Studies or Collection. The Art of Series. Book. 48 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.0081).
The Art of Double Bass Playing is the result of a collaboration between Warren Benfield, an outstanding bassist/teacher and James Seay Dean, Jr., Associate Professor of English at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, a skilled writer/editor. Warren Benfield started his professional career in 1934 as the youngest member of the Minneapolis Symphony. Moving on to the St. Louis Symphony as principal bass and then to the Philadelphia Orchestra as co-principal bass, he joined the Chicago Symphony in 1949 where he remained until his retirement in 1987. Benfield has always been dedicated to teaching, and during his years with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, he was on the faculties of Northwestern University and DePaul University. He has also given many master classes and lectures, including two in China. Since retiring, he is continuing to teach a few students at the American Conservatory and at Chicago's Merit School for underprivileged children, which focuses on the arts. Benfield's particular aim is to teach the approach of the double bass from a musical, as well as a technical standpoint.
The Art of Double Bass Playing
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Art of Double Bass Playing
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Double Bass Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: The Art Of Series