There are currently no items in your cart.
The ABRSM Songbook Grade 5 for Voice, Piano. Collection, Voice & Piano Albums. Grade 5. Songbook and play along CD. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (PE.9781860966019).
The grading of difficulty is well done.... This series is a rich source of songs for teachers and students, whether or not they are working in the music exam system of the Royal Schools of Music.--Journal of Singing (May/June 2010)
The five-volume ABRSM Songbook series features over 100 songs, drawn from the comprehensive Associated Board's singing syllabus. These albums provide pieces from the Renaissance to the 20th century, many of them newly edited by Michael Pilkington. Numerous folk-songs, either in new arrangements by Carol Barratt or their classic versions, and a selection of traditional songs collected from around the world, complete this series. Includes a CD of piano accompaniments to all the art songs, performed by Simon Lepper, as well as recordings of the texts to every song, performed by native speakers.
- -Compilers' note
- -Notes on the editorial approach
- -Notes on the art songs
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (from New Faces) Performed by Manning Sherwin
- An Sylvia (To Sylvia), D. 891 Performed by Franz Schubert
- Dove sei? (O, where art thou?), from Rodelinda, HWV 19 Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Fear no more the heat o' the sun Performed by Ian Higginson
- From A Railway Carriage Performed by Alec Rowley
- Hirschlein ging im Wald spazieren (Little fawn, one day was straying) Performed by Peter Cornelius
- I attempt from love's sickness to fly (from The Indian Queen), Z. 630 Performed by Henry Purcell
- If doughty deeds Performed by Sir Arthur Seymour Sullivan
- It Was A Lover And His Lass Performed by Thomas Morley
- Jeg elsker Dig (I Love You), No. 3 from Hjertets melodier, Op. 5 Performed by Edvard Grieg
- Jsem jako lipa kosata (Like to a linden tree), Op. 31, No. 3 Performed by Antonin Dvorak
- Linden Lea Performed by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- Love Walked In (from The Goldwyn Follies) Performed by George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin
- Maria Wiegenlied (The Virgin's Slumber Song), No. 52 from Schlichte Weisen, Op. 76 Performed by Max Reger
- My Ship (from Lady in the Dark) Performed by Kurt Weill
- Rejoice in the Lord Performed by James Nares
- Rugiadose odorose ('Le violette' Dewy, dainty fragrant violets), from Il Pirro e Demetrio Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Simple Gifts (No. 4 from Old American Songs, Set I) Performed by American Traditional, Arr. Copland
- Tell me, lovely shepherd (from Solomon) Performed by William Boyce
- The Birds' Lament (No. 1 from The Aviary) Performed by Richard Rodney Bennett
- Trade Winds (No. 2 from Three Salt-Water Ballads) Performed by Frederick Keel
- Una palomita blanca (The Little White Dove), No. 3 from 12 canciones espanolas Performed by Joaquin Rodrigo
- Vergebliches Standchen (The Vain Suite), No. 4 from Romanzen und Lieder, Op. 84 Performed by Johannes Brahms
- Vieni, vieni o mio diletto (Come, oh come) Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Where the bee sucks Performed by Thomas Augustine Arne
- Where'er you walk (from Semele, HWV 58) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Bengawan Solo (Song of the Solo River) Performed by Indonesia
- Cantilena del ÔMaggio' (May Song) Performed by Tuscany, Italy
- Canto de la trilla (Threshing Song) Performed by Molina, Spain
- Henry Martyn Performed by Devon, England
- Molihua (Jasmine Flower) Performed by Jiangsu Province, China
- Noches de luna (Nights Full of Moonlight) Performed by Argentina
- Tatties an' Herrin' Performed by Aberdeen, Scotland
- The Banks of Newfoundland Performed by Cornwall, England
- The Blackbird of Avondale Performed by John Ireland
- The Sprig of Thyme Performed by Lincolnshire, England
- The Woods of Trugh Performed by John Ireland
- To be a Farmer's Boy Performed by Sussex, England
The ABRSM Songbook Grade 5
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The ABRSM Songbook Grade 5
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music