The 35 Piano Sonatas Volume 2
Piano - Grades 5-8
Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Barry Cooper. This edition: Urtext, Paperbound. Sheet Music. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (PE.9781860962462).
Item Number: PE.9781860962462
This landmark edition, by Barry Cooper, satisfies the exacting requirements of performer, teacher, and scholar. It is totally faithful to Beethoven's music text, corrects long-standing errors and misconceptions, and includes the latest research from Cooper, a world authority on Beethoven. Unlike other editions, the complete 35 sonatas are included, beginning with WoO47 Nos.1-3. For the performer or teacher, there are realized ornaments, suggested fingerings, sympathetic page turns and layout -- all beautifully presented -- and an Introduction on performance practice, articulation, dynamics, pedalling, etc. Every sonata comes with a critical Commentary, including the work's history, a full assessment of the sources, and detailed notes on interpretation. Available as three separate volumes, and as a boxed set. Comes with bonus audio CD of commentary and demonstrations.
Paper cover. Includes: Opp.22, 26, 27, 28, 31, 53 & 54.
- Op. 22, B Flat Major/B-Dur B flat major
- Op. 26, A Flat Major/As-Dur A flat major
- Op. 27 No. 1 (Quasi Una Fantasia), E Flat Major/Es-Dur E flat major
- Op. 27 No. 2 (Quasi Una Fantasia, 'moonlight'/'mondschein'), C Sharp Minor/Cis-Moll C sharp minor
- Op. 28 ('Pastorale'), D Major/D-Dur D major
- Op. 31 No. 1, G Major/G-Dur G major
- Op. 31 No. 2, D Minor/D-Moll D minor
- Op. 31 No. 3, E Flat Major/Es-Dur E flat major
- Op. 53 ('Waldstein'), C Major/C-Dur C major
- Op. 54, F Major/F-Dur F major
Customers Who Bought The 35 Piano Sonatas Volume 2 Also Bought: