There are currently no items in your cart.
Vocal - Difficulty: medium
100 Songs Excerpted for Successful Auditions. Edited by Michael Dansicker. Vocal Collection. Broadway, Movies and Pop. Songbook. Vocal melody, lyrics, piano accompaniment, chord names and introductory text. 188 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.740254).
Item Number: HL.740254
ISBN 063406441X. With vocal melody, lyrics, piano accompaniment, chord names and introductory text. Broadway, Movies and Pop. 9x12 inches.
Most large audition calls for musical theatre, both professionally and in larger school situations, specify that those auditioning bring in a 16 bar excerpt. The professionals in musical theatre often complain that singers don't know how to construct an appropriate 16 bar audition, either in choosing a song or in editing an excerpt. With this new series, that problem is solved forever! Editor Michael Dansicker, a composer/producer/music director, is a seasoned musical theatre veteran, with 100 Broadway credits. He brings his expertise and broad knowledge of the literature to this series. Each excerpt has been given a thoughtful, graceful and effective form. No more illegible scribblings for the poor audition accompanist! An enormous variety of literature is represented, from old standards to movie songs to the latest Broadway and Off-Broadway material. With 100 songs per volume, any singing actor, whatever his or her talents and strong suits, will have many choices. In the preface, the editor gives valuable pointers on the nature of a good audition and some factors in choosing songs.
- Holding Out For A Hero From Footloose
- Can you feel the love tonight From The Lion King
- Colors Of The Wind From Pocahontas (film)
- God Help The Outcasts From The Hunchback of Notre Dame (film)
- Someone Like You From Jekyll & Hyde
- So Far Away
- Take Me Or Leave Me From Rent
- Reflection From Mulan (film)
- Always True To You In My Fashion From Kiss Me, Kate
- Shy From Once Upon a Mattress
- A Change In Me From Beauty and the Beast
- Don't Tell Mama From Cabaret
- And All That Jazz From Chicago
- How Did We Come To This? From The Wild Party
- I Know The Truth From Aida
- Another Op'Nin', Another Show From Kiss Me, Kate
- Better From A Class Act
- On My Own From Les Miserables
- As Long As He Needs Me From Oliver!
- At The Ballet From A Chorus Line
- Before The Parade Passes By From Hello, Dolly!
- Broadway Baby From Follies
- Don't Rain on My Parade From Funny Girl
- Everything's Coming Up Roses From Gypsy
- Happy To Keep His Dinner Warm From How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
- Honey Bun From South Pacific
- The Hostess With The Mostes' On The Ball From Call Me Madam
- How I Feel From The Me Nobody Knows
- Hurry It's Lovely Up Here From On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
- I (Who Have Nothing) From Smokey Joe's Cafe
- I Ain't Down Yet From The Unsinkable Molly Brown
- I Cain't Say No From Oklahoma!
- I Dreamed a Dream From Les Miserables
- I Enjoy Being A Girl From Flower Drum Song
- I Got The Sun In The Morning From Annie Get Your Gun
- I Love A Piano From Stop! Look! Listen!
- I Want To Be Bad From Good News
- I'm Going Back From Bells Are Ringing
- I'm Beginning to See the Light From Sophisticated Ladies
- If He Walked Into My Life From Mame
- If I Can't Have You From Saturday Night Fever (film)
- If I Were a Bell From Guys and Dolls
- If You Really Knew Me From They're Playing Our Song
- It's My Party
- It's Today From Mame
- Jacob And Sons From Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- Johnny One Note From Babes In Arms
- Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now From Ain't Misbehavin'
- Let Yourself Go From Follow the Fleet (film)
- Let's Hear It For The Boy From Footloose
- Losing My Mind From Follies
- A Lot Of Livin' To Do From Bye Bye Birdie
- Maybe This Time From Cabaret
- Mean To Me From Ain't Misbehavin'
- The Music That Makes Me Dance From Funny Girl
- My Guy
- N.Y.C. From Annie
- Now That I've Seen Her From Miss Saigon
- Sara Lee
- Shaking The Blues Away From Easter Parade (film)
- Some People From Gypsy
- Take That Look Off Your Face From Song and Dance
- Ten Cents A Dance From Simple Simon
- There Are Worse Things I Could Do From Grease
- There Won't Be Trumpets From Anyone Can Whistle
- What Did I Have That I Don't Have? From On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
- What I Did For Love From A Chorus Line
- What More Do I Need? From Saturday Night
- When You're Good to Mama From Chicago
- Where The Boys Are From Where the Boys Are (film)
- Wherever He Ain't From Mack and Mabel
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow (Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow)
- A Wonderful Guy From South Pacific
- Look At That Face From The Roar of the Greasepaint- The Smell of the Crowd
- You Can't Get A Man With A Gun From Annie Get Your Gun
- You'd Be Surprised From Ziegfeld Follies
- You'd Better Love Me From High Spirits
- (I Wonder Why?) You're Just In Love From Call Me Madam
- Flaming Agnes From I Do! I Do!
- That Terrific Rainbow From Pal Joey
- Plant You Now, Dig You Later From Pal Joey
- Gotta Have Me Go With You From A Star Is Born (film)
- Someone Woke Up From Do I Hear a Waltz?
- Loads Of Love From No Strings
- Nobody's Chasing Me From Out of this World
- Look What Happened To Mabel From Mack and Mabel
- Ooh! My Feet! From The Most Happy Fella
- One Fine Day
- Oh, You Wonderful Boy From George M!
- What Did I Ever See In Him From Bye Bye Birdie
- One Hallowe'en From Applause
- You've Got Possibilities From "It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman"
- Hit Me With A Hot Note From Sophisticated Ladies
- It's A Perfect Relationship From Bells are Ringing
- A Quiet Thing From Flora, the Red Menace
- Sing Happy From Flora, the Red Menace
- How Can I Wait? From Paint Your Wagon
- You Don't Tell Me From No Strings
- Disneyland From Smile
- All Aboard For Broadway From George M!
The 16-Bar Theatre Audition - Belter (Mezzo-Soprano)
Buy both for $31.15
Customers Who Bought The 16-Bar Theatre Audition - Belter (Mezzo-Soprano) Also Bought:
Top Selling Vocal Titles