There are currently no items in your cart.
Texas Blues Guitar (Vestapol)
Texas Blues Guitar (Vestapol) for Guitar (Fingerpicking). Boxed, Concert/Documentary. Vestapol. Blues. Intermediate. DVD. Duration 60 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.13041DVD).
The Lone State boasts many cultural riches, and its gifts to the blues tradition are among its most exemplary treasures. The range of Texas blues guitar styles, both rural and urban, is captured in this collection of fourteen per-formances by four legendary Texas bluesmen. Blazing 1991 performances by the great Albert Collins generate a heat which belies his Iceman moniker. Freddie King cooks at full boil in a 1972 set which includes his signature song Going Down. Rare 1960 footage of Lightnin' Hopkins shows how intense the downhome acoustic Texas blues could be. A 1968 performance by Mance Lipscomb traces the blues tradition to its work song taproot with Captain, Captain. Alternately stark and celebratory, the Texas blues of these per- formances comprise a legacy as expansive as the Lone Star State's legendary vistas. Running time 60 minutes.
- Baby, Come Go Home With Me Performed by Lightnin' Hopkins
- Let's Pull A Party Performed by Lightnin' Hopkins
- Going Down Slow Performed by Lightnin' Hopkins
- Bunion Stew Performed by Lightnin' Hopkins
- Captain, Captain Performed by Mance Lipscomb
- Big Leg Woman Performed by Freddie King
- Head Rag Performed by Albert Collins
- Going Down Performed by Freddie King
- Night Time Is The Right Time Performed by Mance Lipscomb
- Iceman Performed by Albert Collins
- Blues Band Shuffle Performed by Freddie King
- God Moves On The Water Performed by Mance Lipscomb
- Lights Are On But Nobody's Home Performed by Albert Collins
- Which Way Do The Red River Run Performed by Mance Lipscomb
Customers Who Bought Texas Blues Guitar (Vestapol) Also Bought:
Top Selling Guitar Titles
Top Digital Downloads