There are currently no items in your cart.
Ten motets composed by Andreas Hammerschmidt. Edited by Diethard Hellmann. This edition: Paperbound. Choral collections for women's choir; Choral collections; Choral collections for men's choir. German title: Zehn Motetten. Sacred, Magnificat, Motets, Psalms, German; Choral Collections, Women's Choir, Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Choral Collections, Men's Choir; Occasions: Psalms, Daily hours; Use during church year: Advent, Special Days, Lent and Passiontide, Holy Week,. Collection. 88 pages. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.400600).
ISBN M-007-00652-5. Sacred, Magnificat, Motets, Psalms, German; Choral Collections, Women's Choir, Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Choral Collections, Men's Choir; Occasions: Psalms, Daily hours; Use during church year: Advent, Special Days, Lent and Passiontide, Holy Week,.
The new edition of Hammerschmidt's ten motets contains six works for the church year and four sacred concertos. The collection is ideal for mixed choirs who perform with differently-scored instrumental ensembles, since for Hammerschmidt an exact instrumentation was not his highest priorty: The instruments could be employed "if available," otherwise they could be dispensed with, as he explains in the fourth part of his Musicalischen Andachten (1646). On the other hand, the composer demands the greatest possible intelligibility from the choir. These works are a rewarding addition to the repertoire, especially suited for performance in worship services and evening music.
- Der Lobgesang der Maria - g-Moll/G minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Alleluja! Freuet euch, ihr Christen alle - g-Moll/G minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Ehre sei Gott in der Hohe (Glory to god in the highest) - g-Moll/G minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Vom Leiden Christi - Dorisch/Dorian Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Oster-Dialog - C-Dur/C major Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Schmucket das Fest mit Maien - A-Dur/A major Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Eile mich, Gott, zu erretten (Hasten, o God, to redeem me) - d-Moll/D minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Herzlich lieb hab ich dich (Tender love have I for thee, Lord) - a-Moll/A minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Zweierlei bitt ich von dir - Dorisch/Dorian Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Das ist je gewisslich wahr - a-Moll/A minor Performed by Andreas Hammerschmidt
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Carus Choral Collections