Ten Favorite Hawaiian Songs
Ukulele (soprano) - Beginning
Composed by Hideo M. Kimura. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Hawaiian. Book. 64 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98233).
Item Number: MB.98233
ISBN 9780786647026. Hawaiian. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Designed for ukulele group leaders but equally usable by individuals, this ukulele manual includes instruction coupled with music and diagrams for each note and chord. With a tuned uke in hand, you can follow the clearly illustrated instructions to learn ten well-known Hawaiian classics, including Akahi Hoi, Hilo March, Koni Au, Beach at Waikiki, and more. Two separate sections, "melody sheets" and "supplementary strumming," facilitate reading. The melody section teaches you to pick each song in one key, then the strumming section shows you how to sing and strum the same songs in different keys. This approach makes it easy for players of varying ability levels to play together. With lyrics in native Hawaiian.
- Royal Hawaiian Hotel Performed by Mary Pula'a Robins
- Strumming Sweet Lei Lehua
- O, Beautiful Ilima Performed by Written By Princess Emma Alexandria Kano'a De Frie
- Strumming Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Akahi Hoi
- Beautiful Ilima
- Hawaii Aloha Performed by Composed By Rev. Lorenzo Lyons
- Hilo March Performed by Written By Jospeh K. Ae'a
- Koni Au
- Strumming Hawaii Aloha
- On The Beach At Waikiki
- Pua Carnation
- Strumming Hilo March
- Koni Au Ika Wai Performed by Written By King David Kalakaua
- Sweet Lei Lehua Performed by Composed By King David Kalakaua
- O Makalapua
- Makalapua Performed by Music By Eliza Holt
Customers Who Bought Ten Favorite Hawaiian Songs Also Bought: