Suzuki Viola School, Volume 8
Viola Part. Method/Instruction; SmartMusic; String - Viola (Suzuki); Suzuki. Suzuki Viola School. Book. 44 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34440).
Item Number: AP.34440
Teach viola with the popular Suzuki Viola School. Materials include: Viola Parts (Vol. 1-9) * Piano Accompaniments (Vol. 1-9) * Audio Recordings (Vol. 1-7 performed by Bill Preucil, Vol. 8-9 performed by Michael Isaac Strauss).
Titles: Suite in A Major (La Milanese, Sarabande, Menuett, Tambourin, L'Agreable, Gavotte) (d'Hervelois/Preucil) * Andantino (in the style of Martini) (Kreisler) * Ave Maria (Schubert) * Allegro (from Violin Sonata in D Major, Op. 5, No. 1) (Corelli) * Concerto in C Minor (Allegro molto energico) (Bach/Casadesus) * AprÃ¨s un Reve (FaurÃ©) * Concerto in B Minor (Allegro moderato, Andante ma non troppo, Allegro molto) (Handel/Casadesus).
This title is available in SmartMusic.
About Suzuki Method
The Suzuki Method is based on the principle that all children possess ability and that this ability can be developed and enhanced through a nurturing environment. All children learn to speak their own language with relative ease and if the same natural learning process is applied in teaching other skills, these can be acquired as successfully. Suzuki referred to the process as the Mother Tongue Method and to the whole system of pedagogy as Talent Education. The important elements of the Suzuki approach to instrumental teaching include the following:an early start (aged 3-4 is normal in most countries); the importance of listening to music; learning to play before learning to read; -the involvement of the parent; a nurturing and positive learning environment; a high standard of teaching by trained teachers; the importance of producing a good sound in a balanced and natural way; core repertoire, used by Suzuki students across the world; social interaction with other children. Suzuki students from all over the world can communicate through the language of music./p
- Toccata Composed by G. Frescobaldi/G. Cassado/D. Preucil
- Concerto in B-flat Minor Composed by A. Vivaldi/D. Preucil
- Song Without Words, Op. 109 Composed by F. Mendelssohn/D. Preucil
- Sonata in D Major (for Violin and Piano), Sarabande Composed by Leclair/D. Preucil
- Sonata in D Major (for Violin and Piano), Tambourin Composed by Leclair/D. Preucil
- Fantasia VII Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann/D. Preucil
- Fantasie for Viola and Orchestra Composed by J. N. Hummel/D. Preucil
- Romanze, Op. 85 Composed by M. Bruch/D. Preucil