Successful Warmups, Book 2 - Conductor's Edition
Choir - Book B,2
Successful Warmups. Choral, Instructional, Vocal Training and Method. Choral warm up book (Conductor's edition). With instructional text, standard notation, illustrations and musical examples. 316 pages. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.V84T).
Item Number: KJ.V84T
ISBN 849741777. 9x12 inches.
With Successful Warmups, your choir can learn every aspect of good vocal production while warming up for rehearsals or performance. Just a few minutes during each rehearsal is all it takes! The Conductor's Edition provides a detailed plan for implementing a comprehensive program of vocal production through warm-ups. The large diagnostic chart lists vocal production problems, possible causes, and your choice of remedies.
- A Philosophy of Learning
- What are the most important aspects of a warmup session?
- How is this book different from Book 1 of Successful Warmups?
- Should I be training my singers' voices or educating the singers themselves about vocal production?
- How can I teach aesthetics to my singers?
- Some of my singers already have great voices. How will these warmups help them?
- How can I teach individual singers within a choral context?
- Should the singers memorize the warmups?
- What are the advantages of a structured approach to vocal production for choirs?
- How should the warmup session relate to the choral repertoire?
- What should I do if there are warmups left over at the end of the year?
- How do the singers learn new concepts or skills?
- How do singers retain what they have learned?
- How can I, as a conductor/teacher, use my own eyes and ears to advantage?
- Being Prepared for Different Choral Situations
- How do I adjust SATB warmups for the voicing of my choir?
- What differences will I find when I switch from adult to children's choirs?
- What should I do when new singers join the choir?
- For an auditioned choir, how should I choose singers?
- Vocal Production as a Springboard to the Future
- Warmup Sessions:
- Third Year
- Fourth Year
- Appendix A - Profiles of Vocal Sections
- Appendix B - Vowel Characteristics
- Appendix C - Warmups for Music of Specific Time Periods
- Appendix D - English and Other Languages
- Appendix E - Acoustics
- Appendix F - Rehearsal Tips
- Appendix G - Choir and Orchestra
- Appendix H - Pianos, Accompanists and Vocal Production
- Appendix I - Solos wiithin Choir
- Appendix J - Checklists
- Appendix K - Diagnostic Chart
- Choral Sound
- Concert Problems
- General Problems
- Musical Expressions
- Range Problems
- Tone Quality
- Vocal Health
Customers Who Bought Successful Warmups, Book 2 - Conductor's Edition Also Bought: