There are currently no items in your cart.
Successful Performing, Book 2 - Conductor's Edition composed by Nancy Telfer. For choir. Instructional method. Nancy Telfer's Successful Choral Curriculum. Choral. Book B,2. Conductor's edition. 176 pages. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.VM7T).
ISBN 849742110. Choral.
Successful Performing, Book 2 helps choirs achieve a higher standard of performance. Concise and inspiring weekly lessons provide instruction in a variety of technical and expressive skills. Increased understanding and enjoyment of music-making leads to better performances. Book Two includes two years' worth of lessons, intended for years 3 & 4 of study. The Conductor's Edition provides comprehensive information for creative rehearsal ideas, score interpretation, and concerts.
About Nancy Telfer's Successful Choral Curriculum
Successful Performing helps choirs achieve a higher standard of performance. Concise and inspiring weekly lessons provide instruction in a variety of technical and expressive skills. Increased understanding and enjoyment of music-making leads to better performances. Each book includes two years' worth of lessons. The Conductor's Edition provides comprehensive information for creative rehearsal ideas, score interpretation, and concerts.
Successful Sight Singing Books exercises progressively develop the basics of rhythm and pitch, as well as skills such as finding cues. Using just five to ten minutes of each rehearsal, this approach is an enjoyable way to help singers become more independent. Successful Sight-Singing is appropriate for fourth grade through adult singers.
Successful Warmups helps bring focus and organization to choral warm-ups. A wealth of materials for all ages helps singers develop vocal agility and better tone quality. Progress charts for evaluations are included. Each book includes enough warm-ups for two years.
- How to Use the Singer's Edition
- A Quick Checklist for Interpretation
- Considering the Background of the Music
- * Renaissance
- * Classical
- * Twentieth Century
- Finding the Main Musical Idea: Getting to the Heart of the Music
- Melodic Phrasing
- Time Signature
- Tonality, Modality and Modulation
- Musical Forms: cantata, introit, mass, oratorio
- III. Preparing for the Performance: Using the Singer's Edition
- Sight-Singing Reminders
- Concert Remedies
- Theory Information
- Musical Time Periods
- Glossary of Musical Terms
- Warmup Preparation
- Piano Reductions
- Choir with Brass
- Choir with Solo Instruments
- Learning to Communicate with the Audience
- Large or Massed Choirs
- V. Planning a Successful Concert
- Publicizing Your Choir
- The Last Two Rehearsals Before the Concert
- Audience Considerations
- The Followup
Successful Performing, Book 2 - Conductor's Edition
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Successful Performing, Book 2 - Conductor's Edition
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music