Sticks & Bones: Brass Quintets
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3927).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3927
ISBN 1596154837. Ensemble: The New York Brass Quintet: Robert Nagel, trumpet; Allan Dean, trumpet; John Swallow, trombone; Thompson Hanks, tuba.
This collection of encore pieces have met with great success wherever the New York Brass Quintet has performed. Opportunities abound for bold crescendos and decrescendos; Latin rhythms, blues, folk material and marches; special effects; and serious works. A program which is a veritable bag of tricks for the brass player. Includes both complete and accompaniment versions. Welcome to the group!
Includes a high-quality printed solo part and a compact disc containing a complete performance with soloist; then a second version with the accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
For related items see the following item numbers: MMOCD3522, MMOCD3827, MMOCD4701
- Popular Suite: 1. Lazy Blues Performed by Leonard Lebow
- Popular Suite: 2. Boogie Brasses Performed by Leonard Lebow
- Popular Suite: 3. Mambo for Five Performed by Leonard Lebow
- Popular Suite: 4. Brass Bop Performed by Leonard Lebow
- Three Salutations Performed by Jack End
- Brass Quintet No. 2 Performed by Alec Wilder
- Little Brown Jug Performed by Eastburn / Glenn Miller (arr. Rosenthal)
- This Old Man (march)
- A Day at the Camptown Races Performed by David Uber
- Beachcomber's Dance Performed by David Uber
- Tijuana Brass (medley: Spanish Flea/Tijuana Taxi) Performed by Julius Wechter; Ervan Coleman (arr. Herb Alpert)
- Impressions of a Parade Performed by Samuel Baron