Music Sales America. Instructional method; play along. Softcover with CD. 40 pages. Music Sales #AM990286. Published by Music Sales (HL.14031354).
Item Number: HL.14031354
ISBN 1847720498. Instructional method; play along. 9x12 inches.
"Starting Ukulele" is full-color throughout, with plenty of photos and diagrams to keep kids interested and learning. The book covers everything from holding and tuning your uke, naming the parts of the uke, learning chords (with photos and diagrams of each chord,) strumming, accents, the Hawaiian stroke, rock ukulele strumming, fingerpicking, left-hand techniques, playing in George Formby style, and much more! Songs include She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain, Silent Night, Scarborough Fair, Jingle Bells, Down by the Riverside, and Hush Little Baby. The enclosed CD includes demonstration tracks for all techniques, plus demonstration tracks AND full band backing tracks for all of the songs. Kids will love this fresh-looking 21st Century approach to a classic instrument.
- She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain
- Silent Night
- Scarborough Fair
- Jingle Bells
- Down By The Riverside
- Hush Little Baby
- Notes to students and teachers
- The wonderful world of ukes
- The uke family
- A few ideas you might find useful
- Parts of the ukulele
- Lesson 1: Let's make a start
- Lesson 2: Moving on
- Lesson 3: Accents and new chords
- Lesson 4: You're doing great!
- Lesson 5: Rock 'n' roll riffing
- Lesson 6: Hawaiian stroke
- Lesson 7: Fingerpicking
- Lesson 8: The split stroke (Formby stroke)
- Lesson 9: Left-hand techniques
- Lesson 10: Show off!
- Further info
- About the CD and track listing