There are currently no items in your cart.
Stained Glass composed by David Gillingham. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Percussion 1 (bells, xylophone), Percussion 2 (crotales [upper octave], bells), Percussion 3 (chimes, brake drum), Percussion 4 (4-octave marimba), Percussion 5 (4-octave marimba), Percussion 6 (5-octave marimba), Percussion 7 (3-octave vibraphone, suspen). Difficult. Score and parts. Duration 10:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.01840).
Stained Glass is an absolute classic for percussion that has become a staple in the repertoire. Cast in three continuous movements - Foyers, Cathedrals and Suncatchers - the piece was inspired by the beauty and color of stained glass and the various places you might find it. The publication received a makeover in the summer of 2010 with newly formatted parts, complete with proper page turns and cues.
Stained Glass is a work for percussion ensemble inspired by the beauty and color of stained glass. The work is cast in three continuous movements. The first movement, Foyers, is so named because of its reference to the many variations of stained glass found in the entrances of dwellings. As doorways lead to the main living areas of homes, so does this movement serve as a sort of 'prelude' leading to the other two movements. The second movement bears the title Cathedrals and seeks to create the mysteriousness and grandeur of the many great cathedrals of the world which are laden with a multitude of stained glass. The final movement, Sun Catchers, begins joyously in the bright key of E major. If one can imagine all the radiant colors which are reflected by a variety of multicolored sun catchers, then a mind set for this movement can be achieved. An absolute classic you should not overlook! You can hear a recording of Stained Glass on David Gillinigham's CD, 'Stained Glass' (also available from C. Alan ).
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: David Gillingham Sheet Music David Gillingham Marimba Sheet Music David Gillingham Percussion Sheet Music David Gillingham Vibraphone Sheet Music David Gillingham Xylophone Sheet Music David Gillingham Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music