There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(79) Listen (2)
St. Paul (Oratorio). Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn (1809-1847). Edited by R. Larry Todd. For SATB vocal soli, SATB choir, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, serpent, timpani, 2 violins, viola, cello, contrabass, organ. Stuttgart Urtext edition. Oratorios. Level 3. Choral score. Text language: German/English. Composed 1834-1836. Op. 36. 80 pages. Duration 145 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.4012905).
With Text language: German/English. Oratorios.
Mendelssohn composed his first oratorio Paulus under the impression of his own revival of J. S. Bach's St. Matthew Passion in 1829. He integrated chorale settings into St. Paul, for which he was accused by his contemporaries of making a stylistic break, using an element unsuitable to church music. In spite of these reservations, during Mendelssohn's lifetime St. Paul was one of his most popular works, which received numerous performances throughout Europe. Robert Schuman praised the "inextinguishable color of the instrumentation" and the "brilliant play with all the forms of composition." He described it as a "jewel of the present.".
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Voice Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Choir Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Double Bass Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Horn Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Percussion Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Timpani Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Trombone Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Organ Accompaniment Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn 4-Part Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn Mixed Choir Sheet Music Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn SATB Sheet Music
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Choir Sheet Music Double Bass Sheet Music Horn Sheet Music Percussion Sheet Music Timpani Sheet Music Trombone Sheet Music Organ Accompaniment Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score
Series: Stuttgart Urtext Edition