There are currently no items in your cart.
Spun (score only) composed by Nathan Daughtrey. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Bells/Crotales (2 octaves) Vibraphone 1 (3-octave) Vibraphone 2 (3-octave) Chimes Marimba 1 (4-octave) Marimba 2 (4-octave) Marimba 3 (4.3-octave) Marimba 4 (5-octave)). Medium difficult. Score only. Duration 8:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.17751).
The title "Spun" is a play on the term Fortspinnung, which can be translated to "spinning forth." After a slow & ominous introduction, the quick perpetual motion of the piece (primarily set in 12/8 meter) creates the impression of a dizzying spin from beginning to end, taking the listener on a journey through many moods & emotions.
The title "Spun" is derived from the term Fortspinnung ("spun out" or "spinning forth"), which was a term employed by Wilhelm Fischer (1915) to describe the developmental, often sequential middle part of the ritornello in Baroque music. The composer would take a short musical idea or motif and spin it out into an entire phrase or period. It may be used to expand the pace or accelerate the pace of the piece. In "Spun," the short musical idea (C-D-A-Bb-F#-C-Eb) forms the primary theme and serves as the pitch set for much of the composition. The first 59 measures utilize only pitches from this set before exploring other chromatic key areas. As the piece spins forth, the rules set forth are quickly broken and the theme expands, becomes the accompaniment, acts as the root for the chord progression, but it is always moving forward. Additionally, after the slow & ominous introduction, the quick perpetual motion of the piece (primarily set in 12/8 meter) creates the impression of a dizzying spin from beginning to end, taking the listener on a journey through many moods & emotions. "Spun" was commissioned by Dan C. Armstrong for the Penn State Mallet Ensemble and received its premiere on November 30, 2010 at Penn State University (State College, PA).
Spun (score only)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Spun (score only)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Nathan Daughtrey Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Marimba Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Vibraphone Sheet Music Nathan Daughtrey Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music