Spectrum for Clarinet
Clarinet, Piano - Grades 1-8
Collection. Modern. Book & CD. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (PE.9781860964084).
Item Number: PE.9781860964084
ISBN 978-1-86096-408-4. Modern.
Peter Wiegold: Head of Steam; Dorothee Eberhardt: Pas de deux; Joe Duddell: Leave this City; Errollyn Wallen: Skip; Nicola LeFanu: Song of the Night Sky; Gavin Bryars: Some Time Before Dawn; Robert Saxton: Song without Words; Richard Causton: Duet; Tony Coe: Marsh Lanterns; Mark-Anthony Turnage: Carnac; Anthony Gilbert: Litany; Elena Firsova: Alone; Sadie Harrison: Bell Music for St Casimir; William O. Smith: Summer Fancy; Philip Grange: The Sleep of Reason Brings Forth Monsters; Libby Larsen: Bee Navigation
16 contemporary works compiled by Ian Mitchell. This collection reflects the diversity of compositional trends apparent in new music today and serves as an invaluable introduction to contemporary music for beginner through advanced clarinetists (at least one work is suitable for each grade, grades 1-8). Includes a CD of recordings of all the works, performed by clarinetist Ian Mitchell and pianist Thalia Myers.
- Head Of Steam Composed by Peter Wiegold
- Pas de deux Composed by Dorothee Eberhardt
- Leave This City Composed by Joe Duddell
- Skip Composed by Errollyn Wallen
- Song Of The Night Sky Composed by Nicola LeFanu
- Some Time Before Dawn Composed by Gavin Bryars
- Song without Words Composed by Richard Saxton
- Duet Composed by Richard Causton
- Marsh Lanterns Composed by Tony Coe
- Carnac Composed by Mark-Anthony Turnage
- Litany Composed by Anthony Gilbert
- Alone Composed by Elena Firsova
- Bell Music For St. Casimir Composed by Sadie Harrison
- Summer Fancy Composed by William O. Smith
- The Sleep Of Reason Brings Forth Monsters Composed by Philip Grange
- Bee Navigation Composed by Libby Larsen