There are currently no items in your cart.
Spartacus composed by Brian Balmages. For string orchestra. Orchestra. FJH Developing Strings. Grade 2.5. Score and set of parts. Duration 3 minutes, 05 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.ST6163).
Return to the time of the Roman Empire and Spartacus, one of the most famous gladiators to have lived during that era. The opening of the music signifies the harsh life of a gladiator while a fast, energetic section pays homage to his brilliance as a military tactician. Explosive rhythms, memorable melodies, and innovative harmonies all combine to make this piece unforgettable!
Spartacus was one of the most famous gladiators to live during the era of the Roman Empire. He is widely considered to have led the slave rebellion against the Roman Republic (known as the Third Servile War), and despite his unsuccess in the end, won several key battles and inspired the many oppressed people who were fighting for freedom. Several historical accounts sight his strength and brilliance as a military tactician as a contributing factor to his enormous success both as a gladiator and leader of the rebellion. In spite of numerous conflicting historical accounts, his name remains well-known and has come to represent the universal struggle of those who continue to fight for freedom.
About FJH Developing Strings
Slightly more advanced than Beginning Strings, this series begins to involve more position work and a slightly more complex rhythmic figures. Rehearsal piano is often provided. Ideal for middle school and smaller high school programs. Grade 2 - 2.5
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music