Sounds Spectacular Band Folio
14 Best-Selling Pieces from the Band Series - Tuba, Grade 2. Composed by W.C. Handy Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Edited by Andrew Balent. Arranged by Gerald Sebesky James Swearingen. Concert Band Method. Set of parts. With Standard notation. 16 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.O5336).
Item Number: CF.O5336
Take advantage of this over-stock pricing while supplies last.
ISBN 0825823722. Text: Peter J. Wilhousky.
Conducting the Music, Not the Musicians is the first conductor training text to put the primary emphasis on musical expression as it introduces basic technique through the concept of phrase conducting. Among many unique features it examines cueing within the beat pattern in greater detail than is usual in beginning conducting texts. The examples and exercises (drawn from both the vocal/choral and instrumental repertoires), progress to guided practice chorales and etudes and finally to full score rehearsal and guided performance. Jerry and Henry Nowak have produced a pathbreaking book that will help novice conductors solve technical problems, with musical solutions.
- Alexander's Ragtime Band [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by Irving Berlin
- Amazing Grace [Arranged by Gerald Sebesky]
- Armed Forces On Parade (A Service Medley) [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- The Barber of Seville [Arranged by Mitchell S. Bender] Performed by Gioachino Rossini
- Carol of the Bells [Arranged by Andrew Balent, Text by Peter J. Wilhousky] Performed by Mykola D. Leontovich
- Dixieland Salute [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- His Honor (March) [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by Henry Fillmore
- Lassus Trombone March [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by Henry Fillmore
- Orpheus Overture [Arranged by Lloyd Conley] Performed by Jacques Offenbach
- The Nutcracker [Arranged by James Swearingen] Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- St. Louis Blues [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by W.C. Handy
- Simple Gifts [Arranged by Andrew Balent]
- Tall Cedars Performed by Eric Osterling
- William Tell [Arranged by Andrew Balent] Performed by Gioachino Rossini