There are currently no items in your cart.
Sound Matters (An Anthology of Listening Material for GCSE Music). By David Bowman / Bruce Cole. This edition: ED 12351. Education Theory. Score. Text language: English. 200 pages. Published by Schott Music (SD.49003135).
ISBN 9790220115523. With Text language: English.
This Anthology of 72 music examples, consisting of the Teacher's Manual, Pupil's Questions, Music Book and two Recordings on CD or Cassettes, is intended to provide comprehensive resource materials for the listening component of the GCSE music syllabuses. The extracts have been selected especially to illustrate the periods, styles and rudiments of music encompassed within the syllabuses, and the four components of the publication produced to ensure maximum assistance to the teacher in the classroom.
- FOLK SONG:
- Quittez, Pasteurs
- Pierlala (18th century sutch song)
- One night as I lay on my bed
- Duck dance
- MUSIC IN THE LATE RENAISSANCE:
- La Mourisque Composed by T. Susato
- Benedictus Composed by G. Da Palestrina
- O quam gloriosum est regnum Composed by T.L. De Victoria
- You that wont, to my pipe's sound Composed by T. Morley
- MUSIC IN THE BAROQUE ERA:
- Deus In Adjutorium Composed by C. Monteverdi
- Sarabande (from Op. 2 No. 10) Composed by Arcangelo Corelli
- Hark, each tree (from Ode for St Cecilia's Day) Composed by Henry Purcell
- Second Allegro (from Op. 3 No. 11) Composed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Lascia ch'io pianga (from Rinaldo) Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Meine Tage in den Leiden (from BWV 150) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Seufzer, Tranen, Kommer, Not (from BWV 21) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Erschienen ist der herrliche Tag (from BWV 145) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Erschienen ist der herrliche Tag (BWV 629) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Le Petit-Rein Composed by F. Couperin
- Polonaise (from BWV 1067) Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Recitatives and Chorus (from Part 1 of Messiah) Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Minuet and Trio (from "La Passione") Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Poco Adagio (from Op. 9 No. 5) Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Coda (from Larghetto) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Der Vogelfanger (from Die Zauberflote) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Andante (from Sonata Op. 49 No. 1) Composed by L. V. Beethoven
- MUSIC IN THE ROMANTIC PERIOD:
- Overture (from Der Freischutz) Composed by C.M.V. Weber
- Am Meer (from Schwanengesang) Composed by Franz Schubert
- Un Bal (from Symphonie fantastique) Composed by Hector Berlioz
- Mazurka (Op. 7 No. 5) Composed by Frederic Chopin
- Fantasiestuck (Op. 73 No. 1) Composed by R. Schumann
- Preludio (from Etudes d'execution transcendante) Composed by Franz Liszt
- Miserere (from Il Trovatore) Composed by Giuseppe Verdi
- Prelude (to Tristan and Isolde) Composed by Richard Wagner
- Variations 13-16 (fromthe Finale of Symphony No. 4) Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Dumka (from Piano Quintet in A major Op. 81) Composed by Antonin Dvorak
- Slow Movement (from Symphony No. 5) Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Epilog (from Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche) Composed by R. Strauss
- MUSIC IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY:
- Voiles (from Preludes Book I) Composed by Claude Debussy
- The Anti-Abolitionist Riots in the 1830's and 1840's Composed by Ch. Ives
- Third movement (from Variations for Piano Op. 27) Composed by A. Webern
- Third movement (from Sonata for two Pianos and Percussion) Composed by B. Bartok
- Secondo (from String Quartett No. 6) Composed by E. Lutyens
- Bransle Simple (from Agon) Composed by I. Strawinsky
- Le traquet strapazin (from Catalogue d'oiseaux) Composed by O. Messiaen
- Zyklus Composed by K. Stockhausen
- Stripsody Composed by C. Berberian
- St Veronica wipes His Face (from Vesalii Icones) Composed by P.M. Davies
- Chronometer Composed by H. Birtwistle
- Piper's Linn Composed by J. Casken
- The World is in Heaven (from Glad Day) Composed by S. Martland
- JAZZ AND POP:
- Peace in the Valley Performed by F. Molton
- Fidgety Feet Performed by Tho Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Jazz Me Blues Performed by Bix Beiderbecke And His Gang
- Only You Performed by The Platters
- Mack the Knife Performed by E. Fitzgerald
- The Girl From Ipanema Performed by S. Getz And A. Gilberto
- Papa's Got a Brand New Bag Performed by J. Brown And The Famous Flames
- Purple Haze Performed by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Music Performed by J. Miles
- I and I are the Chosen One Performed by Shakatak
- The Sun Goes Down Performed by Level 42
- WORLD MUSIC:
- Sekar Gadung (Bali, Indonesia)
- Drum Ensemble (Burundi, East Africa)
- Etenraku (Japan)
- Aochara and Gata en Kaharva (from Dhun "Man Pasand", Northern India)
- Dance of the Owl (Arnhem Land, Australian)
- Ti-tzu and P'i-p'a (China, Chamber Music)
- Dastgah Segah (Persian Classical Music Iran)
- Jelea Din Bosanci (Romania)
- Mi Raza (Bolivia, South America)
- National (Trinidad, Steel Band)
$24.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19468933']);
$8.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19811863']);
$17.65_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '17504725']);
$19.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '17449731']);
$10.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19776806']);
$8.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19811859']);
$20.00_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '41464']);
$17.65_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '17504731']);
An Anthology of Listening Material for GCSE Music
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
An Anthology of Listening Material for GCSE Music
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.