Songs for Bass in a Comfortable Range
13 Vocal Solos with Piano Accompaniment. Composed by Anonymous George Monro. Edited by Leonard Van Camp and Leonard Van camp. Arranged by Leonard Van Camp and Leonard Van camp. Piano reduction/vocal score. With Standard notation. 70 pages. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.O5201).
Item Number: CF.O5201
ISBN 0825804043. Text: Harold Boulton, St. Thomas Aquinas, William Shakespeare.
These 13 vocal solos have been transposed, edited or arranged by Leonard Van Camp and are for the male singer starved for material that does not have the higher notes so often required in baritone and bass collections. This collection contains a selection of songs that will appeal to men and boys, and never goes above middle C. Contains selections from Bach, Handel, Purcell, Haydn, Dvorak and Schubert, as well as folk-song settings and a spiritual.
- I Attempt from Love's Sickness to Fly Performed by Henry Purcell
- My Lovely Celia Performed by George Monro
- Two Songs (From Judas Maccabaeus (I Feel The Deity Within And Arm, Arm Ye Brave)) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Now Comrades Be Jolly (Cantata 212 ("The Peasant Cantata")) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Now Shines the Fullest Glory of Heaven Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Hark, Hark! The Lark! (Standchen: "Horch, Horch! Die Lerch'") [Text by William Shakespeare] Performed by Franz Schubert
- Beatiful Dreamer (Serenade) [Text adapted by Stephen C. Foster] Performed by Stephen Foster
- Bread Of The Angels (Panis Angelicus) Hymn In Honor Of The Blessed Sacrament [Text by St. Thomas Aquinas, Translated by Leonard Van Camp] Performed by Cesar Auguste Franck
- I Will Sing New Songs Of Gladness (From Biblical Songs) Performed by Antonin Dvorak
- All Through The Night [Text by Harold Boulton]
- The Turtle Dove
- Let Me Fly
- The Streets Of New York (In Old New York) From The Red Mill Performed by Victor Herbert