Solo piano - SMP Level 6 (Late Intermediate)
Edited by Allan Small. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterworks Editions. Form: Sonatina. Baroque and Classical Period. Collection (spiral bound). With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 144 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.1710C).
Item Number: AP.1710C
ISBN 073901658X. 9x12 inches. Compiled by Louis KÃ¶hler.
Originally compiled and edited by Louis Kohler, this edition contains some of the most popular keyboard sonatinas, rondos and other works (including symphonic transcriptions) of Beethoven, Clementi, Haydn, Kuhlau and Mozart, among others. In clarifying this edition, editor Allan Small has removed impractical fingerings and unnecessary accidentals found in other editions.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 5-6.
About SMP Level 6 (Late Intermediate)
4-note chords in both hands with large stretches and leaps. Irregular and complicated rhythms.
- Prelude From 'The Well-Tempered Clavier', Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach, C Major
- Andante From The First Symphony, Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Rondo Op. 51, No. 1, Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven, C Major
- Sonata Op. 49, No. 1, Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven, G Minor
- Sonatina Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven, G Major
- Adagio Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn, E Major
- Andante Grazioso Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn, Bb Major
- Impromptu 'Rosamunde'. Op. 142, No. 3, Bb Major