There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata XVIII (C211)
Score and Parts
Set of Parts
Sonata XVIII (C211) (From Canzoni Et Sonate). By Giovanni Gabrieli (1553-1612). Edited by Christopher Buchanan. For brass ensemble (4 Trumpets, Flugelhorn, 4 Horns, 4 Trombones, Tuba). This edition: 14-Part Brass Ensemble In Three Choirs. Score and parts. Published by Balquhidder Music (CF.BQ131).
Giovanni Gabrieli (c. 1555-1612), perhaps best known for his many published motets and instrumental canzoni, spent the majority of his career as organist at Venice’s Basilica San Marco. Sonata XVIII survives in the 1615 print Canzoni et Sonate (RISM G88), compiled and edited posthumously by a Father P. Thaddeo, Gabrieli’s confessor (likely assisted by Alvise Grani, who is credited with the same for Symphoniae Sacrae II). The work is scored for 3 choirs, with rubrics indicating the use of 4 cornetti and 10 tromboni. The present edition is based on a copy of RISM G88 located in the Staatsbibliothek Augsburg. All notes and accidentals are true to the print; ficta and optional ornamentation based on the treatises of Bassano and Dalla Casa are located above the staff. Substitute parts are available in PDF form from the publisher by request.
Sonata XVIII (C211)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Sonata XVIII (C211)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Giovanni Gabrieli Sheet Music Giovanni Gabrieli B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Giovanni Gabrieli Flugelhorn Sheet Music Giovanni Gabrieli Horn Sheet Music Giovanni Gabrieli Trombone Sheet Music Giovanni Gabrieli Tuba Sheet Music
Genre: Renaissance Sheet Music