There are currently no items in your cart.
Sonata Sexta - Score by Johann Heinrich Schmelzer (1620-1680). For guitar and violin. Guitar Music. Score. Published by Pan Verlag (MM.PAN0853).
Johann Heinrich Schmelzer was born around 1623. Not much is known of his youth. In 1649 he became a member of the Viennese court orchestra, and in 1658 conductor of the "Kaiserliche lnstrumentalmusik". In 1679, under the reign of Leopold I, he was made vice apellmeister, and soon took over a large part of the duties of G.F. Sances, the ailing court Capellmeister. In 1673 Schmelzer was knighted and in 1679, after Sances death, at last attained the post of court Capellmeister. He died in 1680 in Prague, presumably a victim of the plague. The Sonata presented here is from one of Schmelzers main works for violin, the "Sonatae unarum fidium seu a violono solo", which appeared in print around 1664. As early as 1660, a contemporary diary refers to Schmelzer as "the famous and possibly most distinguished violinist in all Europe". He seems to have been particularly gifted for virtuoso passage work, with a mastery of the bow that made daring leaps and string crossings possible even at high speed. Schmelzers compositions had a lasting influence on the next generation.
Sonata Sexta - Score
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Sonata Sexta - Score
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music