Solos for the Horn Player
French Horn, Piano Accompaniment - Difficulty: medium to medium-difficult
Book only. Edited by Mason Jones and M Jones. Schirmer's Solo Series. Classical. Book only. With solo part, standard notation and piano accompaniment. 128 pages. G. Schirmer #ED2462. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50330050).
Item Number: HL.50330050
ISBN 0793554004. 9x12 inches.
Book only. This collection of French horn music offers a variety of solos for the horn player. Its material ranges from the seventeenth century Kirchen Arie of Stradella to the contermporary Largo and Allegro by Frackenpohl. Each composer selected has an original, personal gift in writing for the instrument, and the variety of expression is ready to be recreated by the player. Accompaniment CD available separately - see item 50490439.
- Andante From Symphony No. 5, "Reformation", Composed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- Aria (Kirchen Arie) Composed by Alessandro Stradella
- I See A Huntsman From Julius Caesar, Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Largo and Allegro Composed by Arthur Frackenpohl
- Reveries Composed by Alexander Glazunov
- Romance Composed by Camille Saint-Saens
- Rondo From Horn Quintet. K. 407, Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Scherzo From Septet. Op. 20, Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Theme and Variations Composed by Joseph Labor
- Villanelle Composed by Paul Dukas
- Pavane pour une infante defunte Composed by Maurice Ravel
- I Attempt from Love's Sickness to Fly Composed by Henry Purcell