Solo Pieces for the Beginning Violinist
Violin - Beginning
Composed by Craig Duncan. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Classic. Book. 52 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94819).
Item Number: MB.94819
ISBN 9781562225735. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Teacher and recording artist Craig Duncan has penned yet another excellent solo collection for the violin student. These solos are well within the capabilities of the beginning violin student playing in first position. The compositions feature works by Bartok, Purcell, Haydn, von Gluck, Handel, Telemann, Corelli, Kabalevsky, Beethoven, Mozart, C.P.E. Bach, J.S. Bach, and Dandrieu. Keyboard accompaniment is included. These pieces are excellent for recitals or contests, and can be used to teach important techniques.
- Caprice From Alceste Performed by C.W. Von Gluck
- Gavotte Performed by Arcangelo Corelli
- The Harmonius Blacksmith Performed by George Friederic Handel
- Waltz Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- British Grenadiers
- Fantasia Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Minuet Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Rigaudon Performed by Henry Purcell
- Two Hungarian Folk Tunes Performed by Bela Bartok
- Surprise Symphony Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Ride, Ride Performed by Dmitri Kabalevsky
- German Dance Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Rondo Performed by Jean-francois Dandrieu
- Marche Performed by Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Gavotte and Variation Performed by Georg Friederic Handel
- Menuet (From Ann Magdalena's Notebook) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach