There are currently no items in your cart.
Sleight of Hand composed by Scott Ward. Percussion Ensemble. For Multiple Percussion Solo (20-22" Pedal Bass Drum, 14-16" Low Tom, 14" Snare Drum, 12" Brake Drum, Two Bongos, Two Jam Blocks (substitute plastic temple blocks or "granite" blocks), 20-22" China Cymbal, Two Mallet Trays (1 pr snare drum sticks, 2 pr medium hard yarn mallets)). Medium. Duration 5:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.08490).
A sleight of hand is defined as 'an artful trick; sly artifice; a feat so dexterous that the manner of performance escapes observation.' This work for solo multiple percussion depicts the different stages of a magic act and the interaction between the audience and the magician.
A 'sleight of hand' is defined as 'an artful trick; sly artifice; a feat so dexterous that the manner of performance escapes observation.' This phrase is often used to describe the way in which a magician creates an illusion that is seemingly unexplainable to his audience. This composition, entitled "Sleight of Hand," depicts the different stages of a magic act and the interaction between the audience and the magician. As the composition begins, the magician makes 'The Grand Entrace' (m.2) onto the stage with a sense of majesty and splendor. Next, the magician begins 'The Set-Up' (letter A) where he tempts the audience with flashes of color as their anticipation grows. As he begins 'Casting the Spell' (letter F) the audience becomes confused and disoriented. Spellbound, the audience is now in 'A Hypnotic State' mesmerized by the smooth, flowing lines and repetitive patterns. There is then a tense build into 'The Big Finale' where the magician combines all of his spells and powers to enrapture the audience as the show builds to an explosive finish.
Sleight of Hand
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Sleight of Hand
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Percussion Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music