There are currently no items in your cart.
Simple Symphony composed by Benjamin Britten (1913-1976). For flute quintet/choir (piccolo, 2 flutes, alto flute and bass flute). Intermediate. Score and Parts. Published by Forton Music (FT.FM150).
Scored for Piccolo, 2 flutes, alto flute and bass flute. This is the first appearance of the whole work as a flute choir arrangement. In four movements, Boisterous Bouree, Playful Pizzicato, Sentimental Sarabande and Frolicsome Finale. Written in an accessible style, with modern twists to the timing and harmonies, this pieces is a fantastic addition to the flute ensemble repertoire. The first movement alternates between a running contrapuntal theme, and a more lyrical/harmonic second subject. Alternating between D minor and D major and reaching a thrilling climax before disappearing into nothing. The second movement is even faster (Presto possible), with neat fingering and tonguing required for the arpeggiated theme. The third movement is slow and seriuos, and is in G minor. A lovely mournful lyrical theme soars over modern sounding chords and harmonies. the finale is again fast (Prestissimo con fuoco), and requires some extremely fast tonguing in all parts (easier ossias are included). A fantastic opportunity for flautists to try something new!
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Flute Sheet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music