Shredding the Blues
Guitar - Advanced; Intermediate
Heavy Metal Guitar Meets the Blues. Composed by Dave Martone. Book; DVD; Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction; Technique Musicianship. Shredding Styles. Blues; Metal; Rock. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.40331).
Item Number: AP.40331
Master shredder Dave Martone brings exciting heavy metal shred guitar techniques to the blues in this book and DVD. Tap into the soulful, emotion-filled heart of the blues while you put the pedal to the metal and SHRED!
Dave covers all of the most important techniques, including sweep picking, tapping, hybrid picking, and string skipping, and provides lots of fun licks to play in standard music notation and TAB. Easy-to-read neck diagrams make learning chords, scales, and arpeggios effortless.
The included DVD is hosted by Dave and features his unique, entertaining, and clear approach to expressing technical and musical ideas. Shredding the Blues is a must have for any serious shredder and will lead you to shredding the blues in a way that will impress musicians and audiences alike.
- Dave Martone
- The 12-Bar Blues Progression and Beyond
- More or Less than 12
- Licks in the Style of...
- Running on One String with a 5th Ending
- Life Before the Box Shapes
- The Five Shapes of Awesomeness
- The Five Shapes of Awesomeness in E Minor/G Major
- The Five Blues Shapes of Awesomeness
- String Skipping Through the Boxes
- Baby Arpeggios at Grow Up to Be Monsters
- Super Magical Shapes
- Tapping Pentatonic Madness
- Introducing Tapping Technique
- Combining Parallel Harmony with Pentatonic Shapes
- Diatonic Harmonization of the Pentatonic Scales
- Combining a Left-Hand Box with a Tapped Box
- Hybrid Picking What?
- Pattern-Based Licks
- Combined with String Skipping
- Pentatonic Patterns
- It All Starts with Three Little Shapes
- String-Skipping Pentatonics That Can Cripple!
- Strings 5--3--1
- String-Skipping Box Shapes
- Strings 6--4--2
- Time to Combine String Sets!
- The World of Dominant Pentatonics and Diminished Arpeggios
- Over a Dominant Chord
- Dominant Pentatonics Over a Minor Chord
- Diminished Over Dominant Chords: The Spider Scale
- Meet the Hexatonic Scale
- Meet the Blues Modes
- All the Blues Modes
- Five More Dominant Pentatonics: It's Not Over Yet!
- Eric Johnson--Inspired Arpeggios
- Combining em All
Customers Who Bought Shredding the Blues Also Bought: