There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(10) Listen (1)
Sea Chanteys composed by Bill Hoehne. For concert band (Piccolo, Flute 1, Flute 2, Oboe 1, Oboe 2, Bassoon 1, Bassoon 2, Bb Clarinet 1, Bb Clarinet 2, Bb Clarinet 3, Bb Bass Clarinet, Eb Alto Saxophone 1, Eb Alto Saxophone 2, Bb Tenor Saxophone, Eb Baritone Saxophone, Bb Trumpet 1, Bb Trumpet 2, Bb Trumpet 3, ). Grade 4. Score and parts. Duration 8:00. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.18110).
Sea Chanteys is a fun yet soulful, sophisticated yet accessible, two-movement work for wind band. Presenting extreme contrasts of orchestration, texture and color, this romantic tone poem evokes existential moments at sea, offering a wide variety of expressive solo and soli exposures and interaction, unique percussion contributions, profound harmonic effects, and engaging rhythmic verve.
Sea Chanteys is a fun yet soulful, sophisticated yet accessible, two-movement work for the proficient wind band. Presenting extreme contrasts of orchestration, texture and color, this romantic tone poem evokes existential moments at sea, offering a wide variety of expressive solo and soli exposures and interaction, unique percussion contributions, profound harmonic effects, and engaging rhythmic verve. The first movement, Salts and Sails, is a sentimental reflection of the spirited life often conveyed in songs of the sea. We hear the gentle sigh of the surf, feel the rolling, swelling surge of the waves, and imagine the billowing sails of great ships in passage. In movement two, Buccaneers' Regatta, we are launched into an ancient mariner's legendary race between his heroic shipmates and a nefarious ship commandeered by vile scoundrels. While waves crash and cannons fire, ships' riggings whip in the rushing wind, and flocks of sea birds circle over decks awash. Grand adventure on the high seas! Sea Chanteys was a finalist in the 2nd International Frank Ticheli Composition Contest.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Alto Saxophone Sheet Music B-Flat Clarinet Sheet Music B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Baritone Saxophone Sheet Music Bass Clarinet Sheet Music Bassoon Sheet Music Flute Sheet Music Oboe Sheet Music Tenor Saxophone Sheet Music
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 4