There are currently no items in your cart.
Scheherazade composed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908). Arranged by Carrie Lane Gruselle. For string orchestra. Orchestra. FJH String Orchestra. Grade 4. Score and set of parts. Duration 6 minutes. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.ST6124).
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, the quintessential Russian composer, wrote the symphonic suite Scheherazade, Op. 35 in 1888. Inspired by the story A Thousand and One Arabian Nights, one hears suggestions of Sinbad the Sailor and his ship at sea, a prince and pr
The opening unison statement represents the angry Sultan, and the violin solo heard throughout the piece depicts his wife Scheherazade narrating a vareity of fables and fairy tales until his anger has dissipated. After 1001 nights of exciting tales and legends, they live happily ever after. Besides exploring this Romantic masterpiece, this arrangement provides study for young string students in a variety of keys, tempi, articulations, accidentals, rhythmic challenges, and expressive styles. First-through-fourth position shifting skills are required for cello and bass. There is minimal shifting in violin 1 (excluding the soloist) and no shifting for viola and violin 2. An optional divisi part may be played by more advanced violists and cellists, but is unnecessary to the performance.
About FJH String Orchestra
More emphasis on bow technique and independence of lines. For the accomplished middle, high school, college, or professional group. Grade 3 and up
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Series: FJH String Orchestra