There are currently no items in your cart.
Samtliche Motetten composed by Johann Sebastian Bach / Georg Philipp Telemann. Edited by Eberhard Hofmann / Gunter Graulich / Daniel Melamed. Arranged by Paul Horn. This edition: Paperbound. Choral collections; Stuttgart Urtext Edition. German title: Samtliche Motetten mit Bc (ed.Graulich). Sacred, Motets; Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Stuttgart Urtext editions; Occasions: Praise and thanks; Use during church year: Easter and Eastertide, Pentecost. Choral collection. 224 pages. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.3122400).
ISBN M-007-09594-9. Sacred, Motets; Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Stuttgart Urtext editions; Occasions: Praise and thanks; Use during church year: Easter and Eastertide, Pentecost.
The popularity of Johann Sebastian Bach's motets is matched by the problematic manner in which they have been handed down to us. The autograph scores and parts used by Bach have been preserved for only two motets. For the remaining motets we must be content with copies whose reliability is, at best, inconsistent. Current editions of the motets are based primarily on the Neue Bach-Ausgabe (1965), which until now has been widely accepted as the standard text for these works. In the meantime, however, additional copies have been discovered and our knowledge concerning the music of Bach has been considerably advanced. In light of these developments it was time for a complete critical reevaluation of the complex situation of the sources. The result is an edition in which the music has changed in countless details and it is hoped that we have come a good deal closer to the intentions of Bach. In addition to the famous six motets, the collection also contains "Ich lasse dich nicht" BWV Anh. 159 and "Jauchzet dem Herrn alle Welt" BWV Anh. 160. In recent times "Ich lasse dich nicht" has been counted among Bach's authentic works. The motet "Jauchzet dem Herrn alle Welt" is a combination of movements by Telemann and Bach. Those attributable to Bach include a setting of the chorale "Sei Lob und Preis" from Cantata BWV 28; this was also handed down by itself as BWV 231.
- Ich lasse dich nicht, du segnest mich denn, BWV Anh. III 159 (To thee will I cling, until I am blest) - f-Moll/F minor Performed by Johann Christoph Bach / Johann Sebastian Bach
- Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied, BWV 225 (Sing now to God new songs of praise) - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf, BWV 226 (The Spirit makes our weakness strong) - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Jesu, meine Freude, BWV 227 (Jesu, my salvation) - e-Moll/E minor Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Furchte dich nicht, ich bin bei dir, BWV 228 (Be not afraid, I am with you) - A-Dur/A major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Komm, Jesu, komm, BWV 229 (Come, Jesu, come) - g-Moll/G minor Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden, BWV 230 (Praise ye the Lord, all ye nations) - C-Dur/C major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Jauchzet dem Herrn, alle Welt, BWV Anh. 160 (Shout to the Lord, all the earth) - C-Dur/C major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach / Georg Philipp Telemann
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Genre: Easter Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook