There are currently no items in your cart.
Salsa Suspention (first movement from Nomenclatura). Composed by Peter Kleine Schaars. For concert band. The Best Original Compositions for Concert Band/Original Works: Light Music Repertoire/Catalogue Real Big Band Sound Vol. 2. Molenaar Original Compositions. Grade 3. Score only. Duration 4 minutes, 27 seconds. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.012568040-S).
This is the first part of the five-part suite "Nomenclatura" commissioned by the Dutch Customs Band "Douane Harmonie Nederland." Peter Kleine Schaars studied the trombone at the Zwolle Conservatory of Music and composing at the Rotterdam Conservatory of Music. He is currently trombone player and staff arranger with the Marine Band of the Royal Dutch Marine. This piece could be called a Salsa for Band. It is impossible to establish a date for the development of salsa as a world phenomenon, since the music is itself the result of hybridisation and cultural cross-pollenization over a period of hundred years. African slaves, Spanish seamen, French aristocrats and others came together in the New World, a real cultural melting pot. In Cuba, African rhythms joined with French and Spanish ballroom dances and folk styles. At some point the bubbling improvisations of jazz noodled themselves into the mix and before anyone even realised what was happening, a style of music emerged that would go on to be one of the most influential and far-reaching of the 20th century. Kleine Schaars most skillfully uses the wind band to give a nice demonstration of this rather intricate rhythm. The theme is strolling right through the various instrument groups, whereas the woodwinds complete with a special treat.
first movement from Nomenclatura
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
first movement from Nomenclatura
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Level: Grade 3
Series: Molenaar Original Compositions