Choir, chamber choir, children's choir or large divisi chorus & orchestra & organ/brass ensemble & organ (Orchestra: 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, tuba, timpani, 2 percussion, organ (optional), strings, Brass: 4 trumpets, 2 horns (in F or Eb), 2 trombones (bass clef in C or treble clef in Bb), bass trombones, tu) - Level C (moderately difficult)
Composed by Bob Chilcott. Mixed Voices. Contemporary, Choral Works. Vocal score. 104 pages. Duration 50'. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193363953).
Item Number: OU.9780193363953
ISBN 9780193363953. 11 x 9 inches.
For chorus, chamber choir, and children's choir, or large divisi chorus, with orchestra and organ or brass ensemble and organ. Salisbury Vespers combines settings of the traditional Vespers psalms and anonymous early texts. Marian motets punctuate the psalm settings, and the work is concluded with a substantial setting of the Magnificat.
- Psalm 69 (70), v.2: Deus in adiutorium
- Psalm 109 (110): Dixit Dominus
- Motet: I sing of a mayden
- Psalm 112 (113): Laudate pueri
- Motet: When to the temple Mary went
- Psalm 121 (122): Laetatus sum
- Motet: Lovely tear of lovely eye
- Hymn: Vexilla Regis
- Motet: Hail, Star of the sea most radiant