There are currently no items in your cart.
Sacred Stones composed by Stanley Leonard. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (Percussion 1 (bells, 2 soprano stones, large tam-tam, cymbals, maracas, timbales, crotales, large stone), Percussion 2 (vibraphone (w/vibrato and cello bow), 2 alto stones, soprano gong, Peking opera gong (down or up, high pitched Chinese lion cymbal may ). Medium. Score and parts. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.09360).
Stone is sacred because it is a part of mother earth; seperated, hewn, sculpted, relocated, it continues to be a fragment of her existence. Stone provides a dynamic connection between human life and the marvelous sphere that is our home. Sacred Stones is an incantation on the mystery, power, and celebration that comes into being through the energy of stone.
Stone is sacred because it is a part of mother earth; seperated, hewn, sculpted, relocated, it continues to be a fragment of her existence. Stone provides a dynamic connection between human life and the marvelous sphere that is our home. The foundations of great cities are built of stone, their buildings lifted up by its strength. Monuments of stone extol the virtues and creativity of man. Stone images and circles become pathways of ritual for discovering the eternal. Precious stones framework between earth's center and the sky. Sacred Stones is an incantation on the mystery, power, and celebration that comes into being through the energy of stone. This work is dedicated to Frank Epstein and the percussion ensemble of the New England Conservatory of Music. It was premiered by the ensemble at the New England Conservatory in Boston on April 13, 2003. Stanley Leonard.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Stanley Leonard Sheet Music Stanley Leonard Cello Sheet Music Stanley Leonard Percussion Sheet Music Stanley Leonard Vibraphone Sheet Music Stanley Leonard Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music