Russian Opera Arias for Bass-Baritone
Vocal Score and CD+G. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCDG4090).
Item Number: MO.MMOCDG4090
ISBN 1596155698. Soloist: Orlin Anastasov, basso; Ensemble: Orchestra of the Sofia National Opera; Conductor: Nayden Todorov.
Here is a collection that every basso or bass-baritone will want, composed of arias from the greatest Russian operas of all time. Basso Orlin Anastasov gives potent renditions of these classics, and then you take your place with the world-famous Sofia National Opera Orchestra under maestro Nayden Todorov's baton. Powerful music!
Includes an expansive, newly engraved vocal score, printed on high-quality ivory paper; and a CD+G graphics-enabled compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) in digital stereo, followed by digital stereo orchestral accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
CD+G (CD+Graphics) is a special disc format in which simple graphics and text are stored in the sub channels of an audio disc. When you play a CD+G disc in a CD+G compatible player (like a karaoke machine), lyrics and images appear on the monitor or TV screen in time to the music. If you play a CD+G disc in a regular CD player, you'll still be able to hear the music and sing along to your favorite tracks, but the graphics features won't function. The CD+G format is a fun and useful learning tool!
- Evgeny Onegin, op. 24 - Act I: 'Ljubvi vse vozrastiÉ' (Gremin) Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Iolanthe, op. 69: 'Gaspod moy, esli greshen ya' (King Rene) Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Ivan Susanin (A Life for the Tsar) - Act IV, Scene 3: 'Chuyut pravdu!...Tiy vzaydyosh, maya zarya!' (Susanin) Performed by Mikhail Glinka
- Prince Igor - Act I: 'Greshno tait: ya skuki ne lyublyuÉTolka b mne dazhdatsya chesti' (Galitsky) Performed by Alexander Borodin
- Aleko: 'Valshebnay silay pesnapenya' (The Old Gypsy's Story) (The Old Gypsy) Performed by Sergei Rachmaninov