1 piano, 4-hands - Intermediate
Seven Late Romantic and Early 20th Century Favorites. Edited by Nancy Arganbright and Dallas Weekley. Collection. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.WP608).
Item Number: KJ.WP608
This beautiful volume is comprised of six works by great Russian composers. Arensky's "Cuckoo" is an excellent piece for contrast between staccato and legato playing. His "Fugue on a Russian Theme" is the perfect example to introduce the young pianist with fugal writing, incorporating subject, inversion, episode, stretto, and augmentation. Three exceptionally fine pieces by Gliere are skillfully crafted in the Romantic style. Rachmaninov's Russian Theme is written in the composer's richly pianistic style. (Intermediate/Late Intermediate).
- The Cuckoo, Op. 66 No. 2 Composed by Anton Stepanovich Arensky
- Tears, Op. 34 No. 3 Composed by Anton Stepanovich Arensky
- Valse, Op. 48 No. 2 Composed by Reinhold Moritzovich Gliere
- Arabesque, Op. 48 No. 7 Composed by Reinhold Moritzovich Gliere
- Dreaming (en Reve) Op. 48 No. 8 Composed by Reinhold Moritzovich Gliere
- Russian Theme, Op. 11 No. 3 Composed by Sergei Rachmaninov
- Fugue on a Russian Theme, Op. 34 No. 6 Composed by Anton Stepanovich Arensky