There are currently no items in your cart.
Round Peak Style Clawhammer Banjo composed by Brad Leftwich. For Banjo (5-String). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. All Styles. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 104 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.96660BCD).
ISBN 9780786629022. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book presents more than 70 tunes in the unique highly developed clawhammer style known as "Round Peak" -named after the Blue Ridge Mountain, North Carolina community where it originated. While not intended for the absolute beginner, this book will benefit players at various experience levels. Tunes in the book are organized according to the specific banjo tuning used, with A and D tunings most prominent. Much of the book's commentary and the included CD recording is directed towards the fretless variant of the 5-string banjo but as these tunes are written in standard 5-string banjo tablature, they can most definitely be played on the more common fretted instrument. Includes tune lyrics and extensive historical and biographical notes plus technical tips and a discography. Written in 5-string banjo tablature only.
- Big-Eyed Rabbit
- The Blackest Crow (My Dearest Sweetheart)
- Breaking Up Christmas
- Chilly Winds
- Cluck Old Hen
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Cripple Creek
- Darling Nellie Grey
- Fire On The Mountain
- Greasy String
- Ida Red
- John Hardy
- John Henry
- June Apple
- Kitty Clyde (Katy Cline)
- Let Me Fall (Old Hard Road)
- Little Maggie
- Lonesome Road Blues (Going down the Road Feeling Bad)
- Old Bunch Of Keys
- Old Joe Clark
- Poor Ellen Smith
- Pretty Little Gal
- Pretty Polly
- Round Town Gals (Buffalo Gals)
- Ruben (Train 45)
- Shortening Bread
- Sourwood Mountain
- Stay All Night
- Sweet Sunny South
- The Tater Patch Tune
- Train On the Island
- Old Buck (Paddy on the Turnpike)
- Piney Woods Gal
- Walking In My Sleep
- Arkansas Traveler
- Backstep Cindy (Step Back Cindy)
- Old-Time Backstep Cindy
- The Bravest Cowboy
- Ducks on the Mill Pond
- Fall on My Knees (Lonesome Road)
- Fisher's Hornpipe
- Forkey Deer
- The Joke on the Puppy (Rye Straw)
- Mississippi Sawyer
- New River Train
- Old Molly Hare
- Polly Put The Kettle On
- Richmond Cotillion
- Rickett's Hornpipe
- Rochester Schottische (Walking in the Parlor)
- Rockingham Cindy
- Sally Ann
- Old-Time Sally Ann
- Say Darling Say
- Soldier's Joy (Love Somebody)
- Stillhouse (Cider)
- Sugar Hill
- Susananna Gal
- They Say that It's Sinful to Flirt (Willie My Darling)
- The Wreck of the Old 97
- The Yellow Rose of Texas
- John Brown's Dream
- Old Jimmy Sutton
- Old-Time Ruben
- Frankie Baker (Frankie and Albert)
- Tumblin Gap (Cumberland Gap)
Round Peak Style Clawhammer Banjo
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Round Peak Style Clawhammer Banjo
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music