There are currently no items in your cart.
Ron Block From Bluegrass to AKUS Guitar by Ron Block. For guitar. DVD. Intermediate. DVD. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.DRB2).
Not many musicians have had the sort of impact Ron Block has, on both the 5 string banjo and the acoustic guitar. His six string work with Alison Krauss & Union Station has been widely imitated, by flatpickers and fingerpickers alike, and his clear, melodic solos are a defining aspect of Krauss' sound. Ron's crosspicking rhythm on songs like "When You Say Nothing at All" is a distinctive part of the band sound, and a technique within reach of even intermediate guitarists.In this new double DVD, Ron traces his development as a guitarist from his early fascination with bluegrass through his contributions to Union Station. A strikingly thoughtful musician, he takes a disciplined approach to practicing and performing, and shares many of his insights and techniques here, in addition to teaching several songs he has recorded with Alison and others.Of particular interest to guitarists at any level is his use of one-string scales - learning to solo using only a single string. Not that this would be the ideal scenario in creating leads, but to become familiar with the fingerboard both horizontally and vertically. Ron discusses this way of thinking on almost every song. He also explains his thoughts on controlling tone and timing.The better part of the DVD is the songs Ron teaches, which are played in a number of keys and tunings. They are taken from a number of Krauss albums, and Ron's solo projects. You'll learn: Now That I've Found You, When You Say Nothing at All, Oh Atlanta, Secrets, Faraway Land, Living Prayer, Restless and The Lucky One. Each song is played with a band before Ron breaks it down line by line, and then shown again in a split screen orientation.One benefit of the DVD format is the ability to offer alternate angles of the same shot, which we use on the various split screen presentation. The viewer can select among three different screen orientations while the DVD is playing.
Ron Block From Bluegrass to AKUS Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Ron Block From Bluegrass to AKUS Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music