There are currently no items in your cart.
Rockabilly Guitar composed by Fred Sokolow. For Guitar (Flatpicking & Fingerpicking). Saddle-stitched, Licks and Phrases. Grossman Audio. Rockabilly. Intermediate. Book/3-CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.98512BCD).
ISBN 9780786650231. Rockabilly. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Mel Bay Publications, Inc. is proud to present this new series of lessons as part of Stefan Grossman's highly successful Guitar Workshop Audio Series. In support of the book's contents, the three companion CDs contain three full hours of note-by-note, phrase-by-phrase instruction. Focused lessons address: 12-bar blues, blues scales, triplets, shuffles, licks and more. All of these elements are then utilized in solos designed to implement the techniques learned. Each solo is presented in standard notation and tablature.
- LESSON ONE
- 2: 1st Position Key of E Chords
- 3: Fingerpicking Patterns
- 3, 3:25: 12-Bar Blues
- 12-Bar Blues Variation
- 4: E Blues Scale
- 4: E Blues Scale (with "extra" notes)
- 5: Boogie Bass Lines
- 5, 3:00: (Chuck Berry Style)
- 5, 3:15: (Chuck Berry Style)
- 5, 4:00
- 5, 4:22: (with drone string - also used on 6)
- 5, 5:14
- 5, 5:35
- 7, 1:05: Twelve Bar Blues
- 7, 2:50: Twelve Bar Blues
- 7, 4:13: Signature Lick
- 7, 8:20: Key of A Boogie Bass
- 8: Double-Note Blues-Scale Licks
- 8, 1:48: Twelve Bar Blues
- 10: Trademark Lick
- 10, 0:54: Turnarounds
- Two-Finger Chord
- Buddy Holly Lick
- 12, 0:50: Solo - That's Alright
- 14: Triplets (Pull-Offs) / (Hammer-Ons)
- 15, 0:38: Solo
- 16, 0:38: I'm Ready (Solo)
- 17, 0:47: Solo
- 18: Suspended Chords and Moveable B Chords
- 18, 3:03 18, 6:06: Solo
- 18, 6:48: Solo
- LESSON TWO
- 4: Moveable Chuck Berry-Style Back-Up
- Moveable Boogie Bass Lines
- 5, 1:30
- 5, 2:45
- 7, 1:00
- Moveable Chords (Roots Circled)
- 8, 3:55: Turnarounds
- 11: Twelve-Bar Blues
- 12: Twelve-Bar Blues
- 13: Licks
- 14: Sun Sessions
- 15: Licks
- 16, 2:18
- 20: Betty and Dupree
- 21: Betty and Dupree (Key of D)
- LESSON THREE
- 3: Moveable Blues Scale - Key of G
- 3: G Blues Licks
- 3: 6:00
- 4: Shuffle Blues
- 8: Double-Note Blues Position, Key of F
- 8: Double-Note in the Blues Scale, Key of G
- 10: "Straight 4"
- 11: Faster Rockabilly Shuffle
- 15: E Licks
- 15, 1:00: Moveable Triplet Licks - Key of G (G Blues Scale)
- 21, 0:48: Medium Blues Shuffle
- 22: Following a Chord Up the Fretboard
- Chord Families
- 26: Ending Chords
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Rockabilly Sheet Music