There are currently no items in your cart.
Rock Guitar Method Complete for Guitar. Guitar Method or Supplement; Method/Instruction. Complete Method. Rock. Book & CD. 264 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34346).
ISBN 0739066358. Rock.
Anyone interested in learning to play rock guitar can pick up this book and get started right away. This well-paced, comprehensive method covers everything, from basic to advanced techniques. Beginning concepts include rock theory, left-hand technique, improvising with the pentatonic scales, power chords, rhythm guitar, and licks in the styles of such greats as Chuck Berry, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and more. For the intermediate player, this book can help with harmonization to triads, chord embellishment, composite scales, and improvising with the modes. The book concludes with advanced techniques including pentatonic extensions, the major and harmonic minor scales, arpeggios, and technique-expanding exercises on legato playing, speed picking, intervallic playing, tapping, sweep-picking, and bending. Whether you are starting to learn rock guitar or are an advanced player looking to give your playing more nuance, Rock Guitar Method Complete is all you will ever need. An MP3 CD demonstrating examples in the book is included.
- About the Author
- CHAPTER 1---GETTING STARTED
- The Guitar Fingerboard
- Music Notation
- Reading TAB, Scale and Chord Diagrams
- Roman Numerals
- Some Terms and Signs
- Basic Diatonic Harmony
- Other Commonly Used Chords
- Summary of the Basic Chord Group
- Basic Chord Forms
- Rhythm Guitar
- Left-Hand Damping
- Slash Chords
- Movable Chords
- Principle Chords (I, IV and V) on the Fingerboard
- Rhythm & Blues Patterns
- CHAPTER 7---MORE MINOR PENTATONICS
- Minor Pentatonic Scale Fingering 2
- Minor Pentatonic Scale Fingering 3
- Minor Pentatonic Scale Fingering 4
- Minor Pentatonic Scale Fingering 5
- Minor Pentatonic Connections
- The Entire Minor Pentatonic System
- CHAPTER 8---THE BLUES
- The Twelve-Bar Blues
- Open String Shuffle and Rhythm Riffs
- Blues Scales
- The Entire Blues Scale System
- CHAPTER 9---THE MAJOR PENTATONIC SCALE
- Relative Pentatonic Scales
- The Five Major Pentatonic Fingerings
- Sliding E Major Pentatonic
- Major Pentatonic Connections
- Major Pentatonic Licks
- The Entire Major Pentatonic System
- APPENDIX A---Suggested Songs for Practice
- APPENDIX B---Guitarists to Hear
- Basic Technique
- CHAPTER 2---ROCK THEORY
- The Major Scale
- Key Signatures
- Cycle of 5ths
- Numbering (Spelling)
- CHAPTER 3---POWER CHORDS
- Power Chord Examples
- Pedal Tones and Palm Muting
- Power Chord Riffs
- CHAPTER 4---THE MINOR PENTATONIC SCALE
- The Minor Pentatonic Formula
- Using the Minor Pentatonic Scale
- Minor Pentatonic Scale Fingering 1
- Practicing the Minor Pentatonic Scale
- CHAPTER 5---LEFT HAND TECHNIQUES
- Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs
- CHAPTER 6---CHORDS AND RHYTHM GUITAR
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
Rock Guitar Method Complete
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Rock Guitar Method Complete
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Rock Sheet Music