There are currently no items in your cart.
River Rhapsody by Daniel Baldwin. For concert band. Pathways Series. Level 2. Score and set of parts. Duration 4 minutes. Published by Imagine Music (IG.CBS136).
"Composer's Notes: River Rhapsody for band was originally written as a piece for youth string orchestra at the request of my son, Brett. He wanted a piece from me for his sixth grade orchestra. His instructor approved the commission, but, to my knowledge, never programmed the piece. Later that same year, I was approached by Jim McAllister, director of bands at Garden City Community College, for literature recommendations for his sixth grade honor band. I volunteered to rescore this piece for band. It was premiered by the 6th grade honor band at Garden City Community College in February of 2011 with Don Linn conducting.The piece is in two movements (an excellent introduction to multi movement compositions) with each of the two movements being progressive, meaning the second is a bit more difficult than the first. The first movement, ""River Song,"" is an original folk song with beautiful harmonies and melodies. This is a wonderful way to introduce minor key to your ensemble. The second movement, ""River Dance,"" is a rhythmic barn dance framing a lyrical chorale section. This movement is in the more comfortable key of B-flat and serves as an excellent introduction to syncopation. ".
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music