RGT - Improvising Lead Guitar, Improver Level
Guitar (electric) - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Tony Skinner (1960-). Saddle-stitched, Methods. Rock. Book/CD Set. Published by Registry of Guitar Tutors (MB.189846636X).
Item Number: MB.189846636X
ISBN 9781898466369. 8.25 x 11.75 inches.
Jamming along with a band is the ultimate way to learning how to create or improve your own guitar solos. The 10 track full band backing CD that accompanies this book enables you to do just that! On the CD you'll hear a full band line-up, but without the lead guitar - YOU will be the lead guitarist.
Experience the thrill of creating your own guitar solos and playing along with your own band.
The book explains:
* How to improve your improvisation skills
* How to invent great riffs and phrases
* How to use scales effectively
* How to create stunning solos by using string
bends and other specialist techniques
Everything is explained in a clear and straightforward way, with no compulsion to read traditional musical notation.
This book and CD are also ideal as study aids for the Lead Guitar section of the Registry of Guitar Tutors Grade Two electric guitar examination. By following this course you'll learn, in a structured and comprehensive way, how to improvise and create exciting guitar solos in a wide range of musical styles.
- 01) CD running order
- 02) Introduction
- 03) How to improvise
- 04) Stages to improvising
- 05) Specialist techniques
- 06) Reading scales
- 07) Scale fingering
- 08) Start playing
- 09) C major scale and backing track
- 10) G major scale and backing track
- 11) B pentatonic minor scale and backing tracks
- 12) A natural minor scale and backing tracks
- 13) D pentatonic major scale and backing tracks
- 14) A blues scale and backing track
- 15) G blues scale and backing track
- 16) Make the grade
- 17) Further study