There are currently no items in your cart.
Requiem composed by Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901). Edited by Norbert Bolin. For SMTB vocal soli, SATB choir, piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 4 bassoon, 4 horns, 4 trumpets, 4 offstage trumpets, 3 trombones, ophicleide, timpani, percussion, 2 violins, viola, cello, contrabass. Stuttgart Urtext Edition. German title: Requiem. Requiem, Mourning, death. Cello part. Language: Latin. 20 pages. Duration 90 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.2730314).
With Language: Latin. Requiem, Mourning, death.
Among Verdi's many compositions, as a work of sacred music, the Requiem remains unique. It was composed as a musical memorial for the Italian national poet Allessandro Manzoni, deeply admired by Verdi, and was first performed on the first anniversary of his death on 22 May 1874 in Milan Cathedral. The exploration of many extremes places Verdi's tonal language with musical means wholly in the service of a dramatized liturgy. The edition is based on the autograph as the primary source and makes accessible one of the most important requiem settings of the 19th century in a modern scholarly edition. In addition to the musical text the score contains a detailed foreword in three languages, a critical report with information on the source situation, the edition and the various readings. The complete performance material will be available for sale.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Giuseppe Verdi Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Voice Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Choir Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Double Bass Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Horn Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Percussion Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Piccolo Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Timpani Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Trombone Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Trumpet Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi 4-Part Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi Mixed Choir Sheet Music Giuseppe Verdi SATB Sheet Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Series: Stuttgart Urtext Edition