There are currently no items in your cart.
Requiem op. 148 composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Bernhard R. Appel. For vocal soloists, choir and orchestra. This edition: RSA 1034; Cloth-cover; Complete edition. Complete Editions. Robert Schumann - New Edition of Complete Works Band 3. Score and critical commentary. 208 pages. Published by Schott Music (SD.49011968).
As late as 1830, Robert Schumann described himself as 'religious without religion'. Nevertheless, in 1852, he composed within four months not only Missa sacra but also his Requiem, a touching work which unfortunately is only seldom performed.It may well be that the external reason for their creation was the obligation, inherent in his new position in Dusseldorf, to write two church music pieces a year. But Schumann turned to the topic of religion internally as well. In a letter to August Strackerjahn from January 1851 he wrote: 'To devote his powers to religious music probably remains the artist's ultimategoal.' In this work, he combined the 'sacred dignity of the old music with therich ornamentation of the newer one'. As in Missa sacra, the free handling of the liturgical text is conspicuous.
Requiem op. 148
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Requiem op. 148
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Voice Solo Sheet Music
Ensemble: Orchestra Music
Genre: Romantic Period Sheet Music