There are currently no items in your cart.
Remembrance composed by Juan Almo. Marimba solo. For marimba solo (marimba (5 octave)). Level 5. Book. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.S-JA-REM).
Composer's notes: Remembrance by Dr. Juan Alamo is a marimba solo scored for 5- octave marimba. The work begins with a short introduction followed by the main theme in the key of D flat. This theme is presented in various keys throughout this ninth and half minute composition and surrounded by several contrasting sections. The composer employs advanced four-mallet techniques, as well as a contemporary /adventurous melodic and rhythmic structures that make this piece sound fresh and attractive to the listener. According to Dr. Alamo, Remembrance represents some of his inside thoughts about God, Love, and Faith.
"This marimba solo lasts approximately eight minutes and uses a 5.0-octave marimba. While oscillating between D-flat Major and c-sharp minor, Juan Alamo uses five different ostinato patterns underneath variations of the primary melody stated at the beginning. Although the ostinato patterns change slightly from section to section, the melody line does not always have a chance to sing clear above the perpetual motion in the underlying figures. The primary chord progression is descending diatonic chords starting from the root and is used in every section of the work. Students will find a variety of four-mallet techniques in this solo but will need to experiment with different musical ideas to expand on the limited dynamic and musical markings." - Brian Zator Percussive Notes, August/September 2009.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Marimba Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook