Religious Classics for Soprano
Vocal Score and CD+G. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCDG4040).
Item Number: MO.MMOCDG4040
ISBN 1596155248. Soloist: Gloria Lenhoff, soprano; Accompaniment: Sandra Meyer, piano.
This collection of sacred and religious-themed arias and hymns contains some of the greatest music composed, including three separate settings of the 'Ave Maria.'
Includes an expansive, newly engraved vocal score, printed on high-quality ivory paper; and a CD+G graphics-enabled compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) in digital stereo, followed by digital stereo accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
CD+G (CD+Graphics) is a special disc format in which simple graphics and text are stored in the sub channels of an audio disc. When you play a CD+G disc in a CD+G compatible player (like a karaoke machine), lyrics and images appear on the monitor or TV screen in time to the music. If you play a CD+G disc in a regular CD player, you'll still be able to hear the music and sing along to your favorite tracks, but the graphics features won't function. The CD+G format is a fun and useful learning tool!
- Repentir (O Divine Redeemer) Performed by Charles Francois Gounod
- Otello - Act IV: 'Ave Maria' (Desdemona) Performed by Giuseppe Verde
- Ellens Gesang III: 'Ave Maria', op. 52, no. 6 Performed by Franz Schubert
- Ave Maria Performed by J.S. Bach (arr. Charles Gounod)
- Dank Sei Dir, Herr (Thanks Be to Thee) Performed by George Frederic Handel-Ochs
- Messiah, HWV56 - III: 40. 'I know that my Redeemer liveth' Performed by George Frideric Handel
- He That Keepeth Israel Performed by Adolphe Schloesser
- The Holy City Performed by Stephen Adams
- The Lord's Prayer Performed by Albert Hay Malotte