Recital Winners - Volume 1
Solo piano - SMP Level 6 (Late Intermediate)
A Collection of 10 Exciting Piano Solos for Early Intermediate through Late Intermediate Students. Edited by Carole L. Bigler and Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterworks Books. Classical. Collection. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 32 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.6529).
Item Number: AP.6529
ISBN 0739020064. 9x12 inches.
Recital Winners Volume 1 contains 10 pieces of early-intermediate through late-intermediate level masterworks from all stylistic periods. Chosen based on their appeal to the showmanship in students, the pieces are impressive, fun to play and exploit a broad range of the piano's capabilities. A CD recording by Valery Lloyd-Watts is also available.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 5-6.
About SMP Level 6 (Late Intermediate)
4-note chords in both hands with large stretches and leaps. Irregular and complicated rhythms.
- Waltz Op. 39, No. 15, Composed by Johannes Brahms, Ab Major
- The Pearls Op. 109, No. 2, Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Prelude Op. 28, No. 20, Composed by Frederic Chopin, C Minor
- Grand Waltz Composed by Muzio Clementi
- Novelette Op. 27, No. 25, Composed by Dmitri Kabalevsky
- Flying Leaves Op. 147, No. 2, Composed by Carl Kolling
- Tarantella Composed by Albert Pieczonka
- Sonata K. 95; L. 358, Composed by Domenico Scarlatti, C Major