Recital Gems - Volume 1
Solo piano - Intermediate; Late Intermediate
Edited by Carole L. Bigler and Valery Lloyd-Watts. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Masterworks Books. Classical. Collection. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.17379).
Item Number: AP.17379
ISBN 0739030310. 9x12 inches.
The "gems" in these collections are to be prized for their beauty and brilliance. Selected to motivate pianists of all ages and arranged in approximate order of difficulty, these pieces apply and reinforce standard piano techniques. Students will also enjoy the dramatic crashing chords, engaging and driving rhythms, powerful endings and rapid scale passages.
- Allegro Scherzando in F Major [Hob. III: 75/4] Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Atrevidinha Additional credits Ernesto Nazareth
- Etude in C Major [Op. 120, No. 1] Additional credits Jean Baptiste Duvernoy
- Etude in G Minor [Op. 82, No. 99] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- La VelocitÃ© [Op. 109, No. 10] Composed by Johann Freidrich BurgmÃ¼ller
- Russian Dance [Op. 39, No. 24] Additional credits Hugo Reinhold
- Sailor's Song [Op. 68, No. 1] Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Sonata in G Major [K. 391; L. 79] Composed by Domenico Scarlatti
- Spanish Dance [Op. 12, No. 1] Additional credits Moritz Moszkowski
- Storm and Stress [Op. 140, No. 20] Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Tarantelle [Op. 100, No. 20] Composed by Johann Freidrich BurgmÃ¼ller
- Valse Aerienne [Op. 148] Additional credits Fritz Spindler
- Valse in C Major Composed by Anton Diabelli