Ready, Set, Rhythm!
Sequential Lessons to Develop Rhythmic Reading (Teacher's Handbook). Composed by Melody Easter-Clutter and Anna Wentlent. This edition: Teacher's Handbook. Book; Classroom/Pre-School; General Music and Classroom Publications; Reproducible. 92 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.40029).
Item Number: AP.40029
This innovative curriculum introduces the elements of rhythmic notation through movement-based class activities. Designed to be seamlessly integrated into your music class or ensemble rehearsal, each 10-minute kinesthetic exercise is presented in lesson plan format with National Standards, teacher instructions, and notated rhythmic concepts. Features 80 lessons divided into eight progressive units, each concluding with a reproducible student assessment. The activities are so much fun that your students will hardly notice how much they're learning! Recommended for grades 4--9.
- Unit 1: Whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, downbeat
- Unit 2: Tempo, half rests, quarter rests
- Unit 3: Dotted whole notes, dotted half notes, bar lines, time signatures
- Unit 4: Dotted quarter notes, whole rests, repeat signs
- Unit 5: Sixteenth notes, dictation
- Unit 6: Sixteenth-note figures, dotted eighth notes
- Unit 7: Ties, meter, 2/2, 2/4, 3/4
- Unit 8: 6/8, cumulative review
- Reproducible Assessments
- About the Authors