There are currently no items in your cart.
RE: DISASTER composed by Susan Powell. Percussion Ensemble. For concert tom quintet (5 concert toms of varying pitch). Level 5. Score and set of parts. Published by Innovative Percussion (IP.E-SP-DIS).
Composer's notes: This piece was inspired by a memo sent to Eastman School of Music percussion students by Professor John Beck. It read, "Responsibility is the key factor to being successful-without it....DISASTER." Within the piece, a "planned" disaster occurs, but as is usually the case, everything ends successfully.
Dedicated to John H. Beck and inspired by a memo from Beck to his Eastman percussion students, "Re: Disaster" is a percussion quintet scored for five tom-toms (graduated in pitch) and is theatrical in its presentation. Composer Susan Powell suggests that the composition be memorized for performance, and at times she instructs the performers to have their heads turned down, up, to the left or right, or forward. There is also a section within this five-minute composition in which each performer can improvise. Metered in cut-time and notated as half-note equals 96-112, "Re: Disaster" maintains the same driving rhythmic feel throughout its presentation. Beck's memo read: "Responsibility is the key factor to being successful" without it-DISASTER." The improvisation section-with the five performers instructed to "improvise out of time for an indeterminate period--provides the tongue-in-cheek "disaster," which then returns to organized ensemble drumming. When performed well, "Re: Disaster" will be entertaining to performers and audience. "Jim Lambert Percussive Notes, December 2005.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Percussion Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music